How to Properly Clean Car Seats
Wilkes-Barre drivers love their INFINITI cars. Keeping them in top shape is important, so we’ve taken a little time to explain how to clean car seats properly. Regularly cleaning the seats in your car will help prevent permanent damage to the leather or fabric so your vehicle will remain in pristine condition on %target_city_1%% roads for years to come. Find out the best tips and cleaning products for maintaining your car’s interior with this step-by-step guide.
How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Find These Supplies:
- Choose a leather cleaner, mild leather soap, saddle soap, or make a DIY solution from 1 part white vinegar/2 parts linseed oil solution
- Microfiber towels
- Soft-bristled scrub brush
Step by Step Instructions:
- Review your owner’s manual for model-specific instructions.
- Vacuum the seats to remove all dirt particles and avoid scratching the leather. Use small attachments or compressed air to get into the crevices.
- Spray leather cleaner on the microfiber towel, then wipe the seats to remove surface dirt and oils.
- Spray your cleaner onto the seats and gently scrub the surface with the brush.
- If you have perforated leather seats, spray onto the brush before smearing it onto the seats.
- Wipe the seats dry with a clean and dry microfiber towel.
How to Clean Fabric Car Seats
Locate These Supplies:
- Cleaning solution spray designed for use on fabric
- Interior brush with soft or medium-stiff bristles
- Microfiber towels
- Vacuum the seats to remove all dirt particles.
- If you have a pet, you may need to do a second wipe down with a special pet hair removal tool.
- Open the doors and windows for ventilation
- Spray the cleaning solution onto the desired area, but avoid over saturating the fabric (to prevent mildew from growing).
- Use the interior brush to gently scrub the cleaning solution into the fabric.
- As suds appear, wipe them away with the microfiber towel. If the fabric dries before you do this, the dirt will be pulled back into the fibers.
- Continue steps 4-6 until the area looks clean. Then, move on to the next section.
- Vacuum the seats after cleaning to speed up the drying process. Let the seats finish drying before closing the doors and windows or using the car.
Bennett INFINITI of Wilkes-Barre is Your Car Care Headquarters
You know how to clean car seats now, but we’re in your corner if you don’t have time to take care of things on your own. If you’re in need of professional assistance, schedule a service appointment at Bennett INFINITI of Wilkes-Barre. Our friendly team is always happy to help. You can also find DIY car care products at our parts department, order parts and accessories online, or learn about how to replace an INFINITI key fob battery today.
Auto Service Coupons Near Dunmore
We are currently updating our Specials. Please check back soon.